Company Secretarial tools

All BolckCare members get access to our 70+ Company Secretarial tools, which include:

Forms to incorporate a new company to buy your freehold to resolutions to de-regulate the management company.


  • 12 forms for day to day running of the company
  • 37 resolutions pre-incorporated into either AGM or EGM Notices covering almost every transaction from buying the freehold to removing a Director
  • 4 forms you may need to fulfil the annual filing requirements
  • 9 forms to change the structure of the company
  • 8 forms/information notices
  • 6 forms for issue or satisfaction of debentures, mortgages & dividends

For Blockcare300 members we will:

  • be appointed Secretary of the Company
  • become the registered office
  • maintain the register of Directors and Members / Shareholders
  • file the Annual Confirmation Statement with Companies House
  • deal with appointments & resignations

Company Secretary

Resolutions & Notice
to Call Meetings

Meetings &
Post-meeting Work


All BlockCare members get online tools to help them overcome problems that need strategic input.

The most common are:

  1. collecting arrears (accrued prior to you becoming a member)
  2. preparing accounts (for years prior to you becoming a member)
  3. changing lease(s) so you can collect money in advance
  4. extending leases to 999 years (where you own the freehold)
  5. post freehold purchase, deciding whether to collect ground rent
  6. de-regularise to not need to call Annual General Meetings (AGM's)

Support for these services is available to all BlockCare members on a pay as you go basis.

Overcoming defective lease(s)

As a Blockcare300 member Ringley Law can help you resolve defective lease issues and get you manageable.

Perhaps your lease

  1. only lets you collect service charges after you have spent the money, or
  2. does not mention something that you need to collect money for e.g., the lift, or
  3. is silent on the dates to collect the service charges, or
  4. does not allow you to collect a reserve fund, or
  5. caps the service charge collectable at an outdated amount (too low), or
  6. omits to say who repairs the windows, or
  7. only makes expenditure recoverable if certified by a surveyor/accountant

Perhaps it worked well until one owner decides not to pay and now you need to get a robust mechanism that works (after all, a Court will only help you collect the arrears if you have done exactly what the lease says.)

Using Section 37 of the 1987 Landlord and Tenant Act, so long as:

  • 100% of owners consent to the proposed change, or
  • 75% consent and not more than 10% oppose, (for blocks of 8+ flats), or
  • all but 1 consent (for blocks of less than 8 flats)

Ringley Law can resolve the situation for you through the Tribunal. The decision can be registered against the title to be binding on future owners too.

Help With Alterations

Advice on the principles for controlling or approving alterations is on the members panel so all BlockCare Members get advice on the processes:

  • to get alterations approved, and
  • to deal with unauthorised alterations that could adversely affect on the building.
  • Most leases require a leaseholder to obtain consent before making any alterations - the document that approves the alternations is known as a Licence to Alter.

For obvious reasons there are precautions and procedures that need to be followed before a Licence should be granted. All BlockCare members get access to Ringley Building Engineering who can, as a pay-as-you-go extra, scrutinise proposals, inspect works and recommend that a Licence is granted (or not with reasons). Fees are chargeable to the owner wanting to make the alterations.

The most common alterations that do require a "Licence to Alter" are:

  • installing an additional bathroom, shower or WC
  • installing a new boiler flue (cutting through an external wall)
  • installing a flue liner in a chimney shaft
  • removing any wall, solid or partition wall within a flat
  • changing any windows (where materials, transiems and mullions differ from the existing windows)
All members can use Ringley Building Engineering Team to:
  • provide a "desktop determination" to determine if a licence would be required,
  • provide a list of due diligence requirements,
  • assess information provided,
  • assess works on site.

Ringley Law to:

  • prepare and execute the Licence to Alter (permission to carry out the works). This then forms part of the lease and will be relied upon in conveyancing during Solicitors pre-sale enquiries.
  • deal with unauthorised alterations
WHAT COULD Blockcare 300 save you?
save time logo service charge

Save ~40 hours a year

  • Clone last year's budget & e-sign
  • We send demands, reminders etc...
  • We bank your money & reconcile it
  • We litigate any arrears
  • We pay contractors for you
  • We prepare & serve the accounts
  • We apply the balancing charges
  • We file the accounts & confirmation statements at Companies House
  • For sales - we handle the paperwork

You can use our DocuStore to share;

  • leases, budgets, demands, invoices
  • factsheets to guide you through estate management issues
save money logo service charge

Save money on...

Admin cost/time
(40 hrs per year)


(Service Charge)


Buildings Insurance
(assume 20% saved)


Bank charges
(assume £70pa)




BlockCare 300 can save ££££’s

It suits houses & flats

There is no such thing as a low cost Managing Agent, however, our BlockCare 300 takes care of all the legal and financial admin needed to run the service charges.

The brains behind BlockCare 300 is The Ringley Group, a leading managing agent. So it is like having a low cost managing agent, but you are the manager and decision maker (setting the budget and deciding who to pay). We are the service charge administrators making light work of demands, money management, accounts and legal work.

save your block logo service charge

Avoid legal pitfalls e.g.

  • Companies House fines.
  • A £2,500 fine for failing to serve compliant service charge accounts
  • Being unable to collect monies due to the 18 month rule.
  • Not serving balancing charges & breaching of S19(2)of the 1985 Act

And, we underwrite bad debts with our no win no fee service charge litigation

Service charges are an amount that a leaseholder pays to cover the cost of providing communal or shared services to a building and, if applicable, the surrounding estate. The way charges are calculated and what they cover are set out in the lease.

For estates of houses the money collected is often called an 'estate charge' instead of service charge, similarly it is collected to cover the cost of shared services to run the estate.

transparent cross service charge
Quote & Enquiry

Thank you

transparent double left arrow service charge